January 6, 2009

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

There was a Wal-Mart when I looked outside today! I never thought I’d be so excited for this. I was able to get a few essentials…especially all new eye make up, because I had to throw all mine out from getting pink eye the other day. YUCK…you don’t need to hear about that. Anyways, after Wal-Mart, Marsh, Linds, Takis and Dicky (the new personal trainer) took a 20 minute taxi ride to get to a nice beach area. We went to a nice open restaurant and had chips, salsa, beans, rice, and of course, margaritas. Afterwards we went to the beach and lounged around while local vendors walked up to us, trying to sell us all sorts of things – ranging from silver jewelry to sunglasses to dresses. I ended up getting 3 dresses… oops! You can see the red one in the picture. You can also see I made three new friends! Some musicians started playing music on the beach, and we had our own little dance party. The little girls couldn’t speak English and I don’t know Spanish, so it was like we were using body language to talk to each other. We took turns playing follow the dance leader and copied each other.

No comments: