December 14, 2008

Rubbish

I'm getting better at relaxing. We have our first Christmas show tonight. The entire entertainment department is in it. I'll be singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I'm still a sucker for slow songs...I'm supposed to grow out of that someday. We sing "Hero" at the end and there's a power point presentation of pictures of soldiers and war. It's causing a quite stir among everyone in the show... I feel a little weird because we just elected an anti war president, and it feels like we're dragging it out. On the other hand, weather we like it or not, millions of people are torn from their families and will be in very undesirable circumstances and living conditions come the holidays, for one reason or another, and it's important to acknowledge them. I wonder how it will go over. I've taken a little break from playing guitar and writing the last couple days, and life has consisted of eating yoghurt, working out, laying out, and having a martini. Cheers.

No comments: